Seven Important Beauty Items You MUST Have When Traveling
And they aren’t what you think!
When packing for a trip, it’s important to include items that will help you look and feel your best. While I do wear makeup sometimes when traveling, there are several non-cosmetic must-haves for comfort and to avoid bad travel experiences!
- Sunscreen is essential for protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Make sure to choose a high-SPF sunscreen for the most protection.
- Chapstick is also key, as the sun and wind can quickly dry out your lips.
- A hat is also important for shielding your head and face from the sun.
- Don’t forget your sunglasses! Not only do they look great, but they also help keep your eyes safe from harmful UV rays.
- Insect repellent is another must-have, especially if traveling to a destination with a high mosquito population. No one wants to deal with pesky bites, so pack repellent containing DEET for the best protection.
- Wipes- Antibacterial or other. Wipes are great for refreshing while you travel, cleaning your hands before eating or cleaning your surfaces before touching them. There are several types of wipes – I carry Antibacterial to wipe down surfaces and clean my hands when soap and water aren’t available, and baby wipes to wash my face and other parts that need a touch-up when I’m in a confined area like a car or plane.
- A light multi-purpose cream that can be used for hands or face to add moisture that travel can sap out of your skin
By packing these essential items, you can enjoy your trip without worrying about your appearance. Now go have fun!
Rebecca is the founder of Sightseeing Sidekick travel blog and the publisher of both a lifestyle and a bridal magazine. Living in Northern Virginia, she’s a 50+ mother and grandmother who started travel blogging to share her “new to her” experiences as she has more time to travel. She hopes to “inspire women who previously may not have been able to travel due to career or family obligations to plan, sightsee, and create memories.” You can follow her on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube